Monday, January 26, 2009

The Boo-Hoos

This article was written a while ago just after VT beat UVA in the Hokies' second ACC game of the season, but it's a must-read. I hate to kick an injured dog into a vat of boiling hot acid because that's basically what I'm doing to UVA by posting this, but the article is extremely telling. This guy could not be more accurate about UVA fans, and the guy IS a UVA fan. Case in point: My brother. He attended UVA for four years and received his undergrad in Computer Science. He then went on to Franklin Pierce College in New Hampshire to get his law degree. What college team does he cheer for? Ohio State, and even so, only when they are winning. That sounds like your average UVA fan to me. Booooooooo!

In other news, my buddy The Ritt pointed out that Virginia Tech's wrestling team is on an absolute tear right now. They just beat the #6 team in the nation, Central Michigan, and have a record of 15-1. They also have a win at #17 Michigan. Their one loss is to #4 Nebraska (those midwest schools are wrestling powerhouses). I don't particularly care for watching dudes in skin-tight, extremely-revealing singlets roll around with other dudes in bulge-highlighting spandex, but a Hokie is a Hokie and this team certainly deserves a shout-out for their incredible form this season. Go Tech!

2 comments:

vt said...

Nice work VT wrestling! I know it is a not-often-followed sport, but Kevin Dresser is starting to build something special at Tech.

vt said...

"I'm sorry you had to see my ass-cheeks,...and my nugget-pouch,...and my bulge." -Will Ferrell