Friday, February 27, 2009

Registering Is Fun

Last weekend I went to Crate & Barrel with my fiancee for this exclusive event where we (and several other couples) had the whole store to ourselves to go around and register for wedding gifts. To quote one of the Corey's at some point during the 80's, "It was totally rad." There was free Starbucks frappaccinos, bottled water, coffee, biscotti, and other breakfast treats, and I spent a fair amount of time getting to know them all a little bit better. My favorite part was us coining the phrase, "We can always go and change the amount on the website." 8 place settings? Nah let's go with 12, we can always change it later. Do we need two of those sweet oven mitts? We might as well, we can always change it later. I think by the end of the morning, we had registered for 40 different items (of varying quantities), and we still have two more places to register. I am looking forward to taking the little pricing gun around Target and registering for some awesome stuff. I am talking about items like these:

- A small trimmer for beards, sideburns, necks, mustaches, and etc.
- Candy
- A Skip-It (if they still make those)
- Legos
- "Total Recall"
- Good barbecue sauce
- A Nintendo Wii
- Your mom

I would be extremely excited to receive any of those items, but I should probably run them by the future Mrs first. Whatever dude said that wedding planning is only for chicks really didn't know how to have a good time. There is plenty of room for ridiculousness and tomfoolery.

3 comments:

shartig said...

Don't leave out the shamwow when you register at target. You'll be saying wow every time.

AaronRVA said...

This post was absolutely hilarious!

Marty Cates said...

My mom is only sold at higher end department stores. I have heard you can get your mom at Target though.