Saturday, February 27, 2010

And the hits just keep on coming

The Hokies lost in double overtime to Maryland tonight, and I'm obviously too ticked off to write a coherant blog post right now. Maryland, particularly Greivis Vasquez and Eric Hayes, kicked our butts tonight. Why in the world do we give the last shot to Erick Green, who is absolutely as cold as possible from the field. We didn't need a three, but Delaney panicked and threw it to Green who was open for a three in the corner. Green bricked the shot and the Hokies lost. We have officially taken ourselves out of the NCAA tournament and we will now have to play our way in. That means a win against NC State at home and then a win at Georgia Tech away. If we lose either of those games, we'll have to make a run in the ACC tournament to get into the Big Dance. This is just... I never would have thought our team would let themselves lose this game. I blame Seth Greenberg for using Malcolm Delaney to defend Greivis Vasquez, who abused Delaney all night. Delaney should have been guarding Eric Hayes... a much less versitile player.

Seriously, I feel like breaking this computer over my knee. How do we lose that game?

8 comments:

Tauhid Chappell said...

That was a tough loss. I watched it at Champs before my friends band performed. Wish we won so the crowd was a bit more pumped up for the show...

By the way, nice blog! Good to see a fellow hokie blog out there.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tauhid! I think I'm going to go ahead and delete this nonsense comment below yours.

Lee said...

Pat, I'd like to hear about this "nonsense" comment. Have you picked up haters on the blog? That means you've arrived buddy!

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I don't have any haters yet. Where are you, haters? It was just some crazy Chinese text and a link that was a long ellipsis. I figured that having this link on the comment page where someone could click it and possibly pick up a virus was probably a bad thing.

Lee said...

I would have been likely to catch said virus. I still remember my last year when I essentially friend a new laptop because every single IM profile link baited me.

CHECK OUT THESE PICS FROM LAST WEEKEND! LOL!

Music to my ears. :/

Unknown said...

Pat - I hate you. Your blog is as good as Erick Green's jump shot.

Unknown said...

Suck it, Monkey! Your jealousy is uber-transparent. In similar news, I am jealous that you will get to watch the ACC tournament on ESPN2 with a good broadcasting team and stellar HD, whereas I will be forced to watch the craptacular Raycom feed, where HD availability is an educated guess at best.

Unknown said...

You should also be jealous that I'll be watching VT advance to the Sweet 16 from Las Vegas.