Friday, February 19, 2010

Wake Highlights

I thought I would attach the ESPN highlights from the Wake Forest game.

There is some solid footage of the Cadarian Raines block slash Dorenzo Hudson monster dunk. What I find hilarious is that the banked-in 3-pointer by Al-Farouq Aminu is a highlight. That's like having a highlight of a guy fumbling a football, tripping over himself, and finally falling forward to land on the football for a 3 yard gain. It's lucky, but the athlete definitely doesn't deserve credit for it. Let me help everyone understand this... nobody purposefully shoots a 3-pointer off the glass unless there is a hand in the way, they can't get a pass off (either because of good defense or the shot clock has wound down), and they absolutely can't get another shot. Every other banked 3-pointer that you see is an accident. Players don't practice shooting 3-pointers off the glass (unless they're just having fun with teammates). Sorry, I'm not sure why this pisses me off so much... I guess I have a strong dislike towards ignorance. I just can't stand when announcers say things like, "He banked it in! I think he called that!" when there was a clear shot for the 3-pointer and there was plenty of time on the clock. Why don't they just say the truth, "Wow that was an extremely lucky shot! Someone up there must really like Aminu."

No comments: